Here are 10 facts about Breast Cancer from the ThinkPinkRibbon.com site
Please Be Proactive, Perform Regular Check ups, Stay Alert and Prayerful, Donate and Support Survivors. #relationshipsdomatter
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer among American women. One in every eight women in the United States develops breast cancer.
- There are over 2.6 million breast cancer survivors in the United States today.
- All women are at risk for developing breast cancer.
- Breast cancer is the leading cause of death in women between ages 40 and 55.
- Nearly 40,000 women will die of breast cancer in 2012.
- At present, there is no sure way to prevent breast cancer, which is why regular mammograms and monthly breast self-exams are extremely important.
- The causes of breast cancer are not yet fully known although a number of risk factors have been identified such as late menopause, diets high in saturated fat, late pregnancies, estrogen replacement therapy, high alcohol intake, moderate obesity and a family history.
- Besides being female, age is the most important risk factor for breast cancer. Older women are much more likely to get breast cancer than younger women. Over 75% of women diagnosed with breast cancer are age 50 or older
- Every 2.5 minutes, there is a new breast cancer diagnosis. Over 200,000 new cases of invasive breast cancer are diagnosed each year.
- Seventy percent of all breast cancers are found through breast self-exams. A mammography can detect breast cancer up to two years before it is large enough to be felt.
Follow: @relationshipsDM or @holyflo