Hello All,I got this interesting story from a friend and it comes filled with an insightful truth ready for use. So go ahead and make this week a great one and may it exceed all your expectations.
Remember Relationships Do Matter. Enjoy!
A GLASS OF WATER
A Professor began his class by holding up a glass with some water in it. He held it up for all to see and asked the students, “How much do you think this glass weighs?” ’20oz!’…’30oz!’ …..’32oz’ the students noised.
“I really don’t know unless I weigh it,” said the professor.
“But, my question is: What would happen if I held it up like this for a few minutes?”
‘Nothing’ …..chorused students said.
‘Ok what would happen if I held it up like this for an hour?’ the professor asked.
‘Your arm would begin to ache’ said one of the students.
“You’re right, now what would happen if I held it for a day?”
“Your arm could go numb; you might have severe muscle stress and paralysis, probably required a visit to the hospital for sure!” ventured another student and all the students laughed.
“Very good. But during all this, did the weight of the glass change?” Asked the professor.
All the students chorused a ‘NO!’.
“Then what caused the arm ache & the muscle stress?” The students were puzzled.
“What should I do now to come out of pain?” asked professor again.
“Put the glass down!” said one of the students.
“Exactly!” said the professor.
Moral of the story:
Life’s problems fit the same profile. Hold them for a few minutes in your head & they seem OK. Think of them for a long time and they begin to ache. Hold it even longer & they begin to paralyze you that you will not be able to do anything. It’s important to think of the challenges or problems in your life, but EVEN MORE IMPORTANT is to ‘PUT THEM DOWN AT God’s FEET’ at the end of every day before you go to
That way, you are not stressed, you wake up every day fresh, strong and ready to handle any issue or challenge that may come.
So, friends, remember to ‘ALWAYS PUT THE GLASS DOWN!’
- Author Unknown.
In 25 years of studying marriage, Dr. Terri Orbuch, research professor at the University of Michigan and author of the new book “Finding Love Again: 6 Simple Steps to a New and Happy Relationship,” has found that some of the best relationship advice comes from people who are actually divorced.
In 1986, Orbuch embarked on a long-term study, supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), which followed the relationships of 373 newlyweds. By 2012, 46% had divorced, about the same as the national average. In interviews with Orbuch, people who had divorced or ended a serious relationship over and over again brought up the same five issues that they would improve if they had the chance to do it all again.
Read the rest of the story here: 5 Secrets to a Happy Marriage.
1. You are easily distracted everywhere – work or school.
2. You daydream ‘all’ the time at work.
3. You can’t wait for ‘that’ phone call.
4. You are upset if he doesn’t call or pick up when you call.
5. Your heart beats faster when you think about him.
6. You start listening to ‘slow-er’ songs.
7. You smile when you think about him or her.
8. And you are thinking about her or him right now.
Am I wrong?
Image from Blue-Dreams
Few Words… for Aurora, CO
Just like that, another evil and senseless act gains the spotlight. Changed lives, altered destinies and painful memories Just like that!
A simple reminder of humanities frailties!
Let our words be few – hear, feel the pain from families and friends in this moving tribute (Remembering Colorado’s shooting victims – CNN )
Let our words be few – recall a similar story written last month on the avoidable Dana crash titled (Grab Hope).
Let our words be few – for the journey of healing, restoration and reconciliation will require more than mere words.
Let our words be few…but our prayers ‘plenty’ that the journey of restoration, healing and reconciliation begin in earnest and swiftly in Jesus Name, Amen.
Let our words be few – please continue to pray for the victims, the families, friends and the communities for hope and strength because Relationships Do Matter.
Experiments are fun says the scientists. Let’s find out: I dare you to enter our ‘Relationship Laboratory’ and conduct one of the following experiments for 7 days. We dare you to take the challenge and share your results shortly thereafter. Was it too easy, difficult or downright useless? We’ll love to hear your story.
Choose one now.
Experiment #1: Compliment your spouse or ‘friend’ once a day for the next 7 days.
Experiment #2: Listen without interruption for the next 7 days.
Experiment #3: Be totally supportive of your spouse or ‘friend’ for 7 days.
Experiment #4: Replace any negative thought with a good one for the next 7 days.
Experiment #5: Tell the truth always for the next 7 days – no embellishments, no fibs or white lies.
Experiment #6: Write a romantic letter (no more than 3 paragraphs) daily for the next 7 days.
Experiment #7: Find creative ways of expressing your affection daily for the next 7 days.
Are you ‘just ready’, looking, waiting, ‘talking’, ‘dating’, in a ‘courtship’ or ‘engaged’ ?
Instead of the constant nag about playing games, why don’t you try playing the right games ?
I assumed your response to be in the affirmative so here is a tip, Play the favorite game, take notes and thank me later, mark my words.
Ask each other the following questions and delve deeper to know why…This will allow both of you to get to know each other better, I guarantee it.
Certainly not an exhaustive list, so feel free to improvise and expand accordingly and appropriately. Go on, have fun!
- Favorite Color
- Favorite or lucky Number
- Favorite Flower
- Favorite Author
- Favorite Book
- Favorite Book (non-fiction)
- Favorite Bible Passage
- Favorite Poem
- Favorite Song
- Favorite Singer
- Favorite R&B Tune
- Favorite Magazine
- Favorite Meal
- Favorite Movie
- Favorite Actor
- Favorite Musical Band
- Favorite Proverb
- Favorite Fruit
- Favorite Restaurant (Expensive)
- Favorite Comedian
- Favorite Musical
- Favorite Animal
- Favorite Comic Strip
- Favorite Season
- Favorite TV Show
- Favorite Cartoon Character
- Favorite Painting
- Favorite Sports Team
- Favorite Athlete
- Favorite Vacation Activity
- Favorite Foreign City
- Favorite Way to Spend an Afternoon
- Favorite Men’s Cologne
- Favorite Women’s Perfume
- Favorite Time of Day
- Favorite Sculpture
- Favorite Joke
- Favorite Pet
- Favorite Day of the Week
- Favorite Month of the Year
- Favorite Gemstone
- Favorite way to relax
- Favorite way to get energized
- Favorite Aroma
- Favorite Opera
- Favorite Fictional Character
- Favorite Actor (of any era)
- Favorite Actress (living)
- Favorite Jazz Number
- Favorite Bible passage
Tips and Insight adapted from the ‘Favorite list’ complied by Gregory Godek
Get Excited and Pass it On.
Relationships Do Matter.
It’s Summer time and all the work put into crafting lines will be in full ‘application’ mode. Here are some of the Christian themed pick up lines, would any of it work on you? Be Honest and say which one?
- For you I would slay two Goliaths
- You float my ark.
- I didn’t believe in predestination until tonight.
- The word says ‘Give drink to those who are thirsty, and feed the hungry’; how about dinner?
- I know its absurd, but every time I walk towards you, it feels like I’m being lead to Bethlehem.
- My spiritual gift is my good looks… it lifts peoples spirits
- Is this the transfiguration.. because you are glowing
- I used to believe in natural theology, but since I met you I’ve converted to divine revelation
- Your hair is like a flock of goats descending from Gilead
- How would you like to join my Purpose Driven Life?
- Unfortunately I cant perform miracles and I’ve only got enough bread and fish for 2 people.
- I believe one of my ribs belongs to you.
- I’m a proverbs 32 kind of guy and you’re a proverbs 31 kinda woman…
- When I read Philippians 4:8, I think about you.
- You make me want to be a better Christian.
- Do you need prayer? because I am certainly willing to lay hands on you.
- Now I know why Solomon had 700 wives… Because he never met you.
Culled from PickUpLinesGalore
Relationship Fairy Tales, Let’s share the Secrets