FOR THE GALS: 8 PRINCIPLES FOR DATING - Jen Smidt
I recently came across a 20-year-old photo of Phil and me when we were dating. I started thinking about how very little I knew about relationships, men, and marriage then.
Formulating a list of what I would tell myself back then, my advice began with a stern warning to stay away from any man with a mullet . . . but then again, it was the ’90s—every man had a mullet!
On a more serious note, these are eight principles that would have taken much confusion and heartbreak out of those tumultuous dating years. I hope they help you:
1. REPEAT AFTER ME: “YOU ARE LOVED.”
2. YOU ARE LESS BEAUTIFUL THAN YOU THINK AND MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN YOU BELIEVE.
3. CONSIDER WHAT CONTROLS YOU.
4. ADDRESS YOUR DADDY ISSUES.
5. CHARM AND BEAUTY ARE NOT A GOOD DATING PLAN.
6. REALIZE YOU ARE ALREADY SUBMITTING—OR ARE YOU?
7. DRESS TO KILL . . .
. . . your evil desires and his.
8. GUARD YOUR HEART.
Read the entire article here: http://theresurgence.com/2012/03/19/for-the-gals-8-principles-for-dating